Remember when I had plans to post a house update every week of February and I started off strong with the bedroom posts? Yeah, well clearly that didn’t happen because we’ve been pretty much non-stop this entire month and then started making some changes to the spaces I was going to share, so in due time they’ll appear here. For now, a few updates from the last few weeks.
First, yesterday was our 7th wedding anniversary and we both still can’t believe it’s been seven years. Time moves quickly my friends, enjoy every moment! Since we took a trip to LA earlier this month we didn’t do anything big to celebrate over the weekend. We cooked dinner at home, had fondue and watched a movie. It was all sorts of perfect. I love this guy so much. He makes me laugh every single day, whether he’s being hilarious or being absurd. Such baby faces we had!
Last weekend our friends from Nashville were in town and we had three days packed full of a great time. We spent some of the time in the mountains at our other friends’ house and some of the time in the city. We stopped by Red Rocks, went on a little trail walk and ate and drank way too much. All things that make for a great weekend together. (Photos below stolen from Cathy without permission. At least I’m honest?)
A few weeks ago I was in LA for work and at the last-minute we found a really cheap flight from Denver, so Al flew out and met me there for the weekend. It was just the break from winter that we needed. It was 85 and sunny the whole time. We stayed in Santa Monica, just a short walk to the beach and the Santa Monica pier. We walked everywhere and it was awesome.
If you ever find yourself in the area here are a few great things:
- Views of the sunset over the mountains and ocean: Happy Hour at Hotel Erwin’s Roof Deck
- An amazing burger and fries in a non-touristy location: Father’s Office
- Late afternoon light lunch of oysters and chowder: Blue Plate Oysterette
- Street performers, shopping, and great sights: 3rd Street Promenade
- A little history, ice cream and amusement rides: Santa Monica Pier
- A vintage cottage with great views for happy hour or a night-cap: The Bungalow
- Some really amazing tacos: Taco Teca
Hope you all had a great weekend. Happy Monday!