So glad to be back and blogging. We’ve had a wild few weeks, all fun, but super busy! This is the two-week edition of H54F since I didn’t post last Friday because we had our first house guests!
Are these weeks flying by or what? While I do NOT want summer to end at all, I have a lot to look forward to in the coming months. Trying to soak up these last few weeks of summer, enjoy the hot temps and sunshine and spend as much time outside as possible…even if that means house or yard work!
1. Our niece was in town visiting last weekend and we had the greatest time. It’s been 14 months too long since we saw her last (thank goodness for FaceTime!) and we soaked up every minute. Including pretending we were The Beatles.
2. Love this kid. He’s been working his butt off around the house so when he shows up looking like this I can’t help but burst out laughing.
3. Sometimes you walk into the Goodwill looking for a standing mirror and you find just that in perfect, practically new condition for $7.99. Best thrifting find I’ve scored in a long time!
4. Our laundry machines were delivered this week. We’ve used laundromats and coin operated laundry for a long time. So this was the greatest thing ever to us. We both stood and watched the first load of laundry get started. Who knew it could be so exciting.
5. This is my view every morning. I’ve gotten into a routine of washing dishes in the morning (we also haven’t had a dishwasher for many years) and I watch the sunrise over the water tower right out the kitchen window. It’s so calming to me and makes me not swear the whole time I’m washing the dishes. Dishwasher installation is on the list.