We made it to the weekend and thank goodness for that! We’ve been wrapping up a LOT of projects this week in hopes of finishing everything and taking the rest of the summer off from house things. Al took the week off and that kid has been working like a champ around this place.
If you follow me on Instagram you saw my range of emotions surrounding our garage door. Amazing that a garage can do that to a person. Also, one year ago today we closed on this house. I can’t believe that. It’s gone SO fast, but it’s awesome to look back and see what we’ve accomplished.
Have a great one, hope the sun is shining where you are!
1. Happy early birthday to me! I upgraded my camera to this bad boy and so far I love it. Still have a lot to learn and it’s so different from my previous DSLR, but so far it’s awesome.
2. Not sure how this little baby niece of mine celebrated 7 months this week. I swear she’ll be driving away to college like tomorrow. Insert ugly cry. Slow down Claire bear!
3. Finally got some window treatments for the living and dining rooms. Good bye paper contractor shades that I fight with on a regular basis to stay up because they’re not meant to be used for a whole year. More on these when we get them hung up.
4. How cool is this light fixture?! It’s a dark gray/black color with what looks like shattered white glass. It looks awesome in our hallway. I scored the globe for a whole $3 at the Habitat Restore and then we picked up a $10 pendant kit at the Depot.
5. So there’s a hole in our house for the time being. Can’t wait to actually have a door there, but for now we’ll have a boarded up hole since the door had to be custom ordered.
Leave a Reply