The topic of this post is a little different than my usual but I thought it would be fun to share something different…and I also need help and recommendations with two beauty items. So keep reading for some tips and check out the bottom to recommend me some great products!
- Use an old toothbrush with a little dish soap to clean flip flops. It’s amazing how clean they come but be sure to store the toothbrush in a clearly marked container or bag so there’s no confusion! (Gross if there was confusion)
- Your hairdryer will last longer if you de-lint it. Using a dry toothbrush or small vacuum, clean out any lint from the screen on the back of the dryer.
- After showering turn off the water, rub baby oil on your skin and pat your skin dry. Your skin will be SO soft and it’s a quick way to smooth skin when you’re in a rush and have no time for lotion. It’s also much cheaper than lotions.
- Purchase a pump top for shampoo and conditioner bottles, it will most likely result in using less of the product each time!
- Remove pills from a sweater by running over them with an electric razor or a pumice stone.
- I’m sure you already know the clear nail polish trick for pantyhose runs, but also try spraying the toes with hairspray. It may prevent runs in the first place.
- Dish soap works great as a jewelry cleaner instead of pricey cleaners you buy in stores.
Hope these help you out a bit! If you have any others please do share with everyone in the comments section. NOW, helppppp me! I need two great recommendation. I’m in the market for a new razor. I’ve used various Venus ones for probably the past 10 years and I’m wondering if anyone has any other great suggestions. I’m bored with the old Venus and need to change it up a bit!
Makeup brushes are my nemesis. Every time I get new makeup brushes they shed all over me. So I’m now ready to spend as much money as I possibly need to for good makeup brushes. I’m currently using MAC and Bare Essentuals ones and I’m not impressed. So helpppppp here, too please! Ladies, send me some suggestions, I need it!
I completely understand what you mean about makeup brushes. I recommend Sephora’s brushes. I some similar to these:
and they’ve worked out beautifully!
Thanks for the recommendation, Bridget. They look so pretty in that nice case too!
I’ve had a blush brush from The Body Shop since college and it’s still in great shape. Also, my Lancome foundation brush has held up very well. No annoying shedding from either :-)
Amber, thank you! Thinking back now, I think I actually had Body Shop brushes in high school that we’re great. Thanks for the recommendation!
I use a set I got at Target Eco Bamboo-comes in a reusable pouch and a hemp roll. Never had one hair come out.